LADIES, THERE ARE SPECIAL REASONS FOR YOU TO HAVE AN EYE EXAM
May 20, 2021
Here are the typical causes of eye problems in women:
- Birth Control and Hormone Replacement Therapy may cause blood clots and strokes which lead to vision problems.
- Fertility Drugs may cause spots in the vision.
- While Pregnant, a woman may experience dry eye syndrome, vision changes, light sensitivity, and puffy eyes.
- Menopause can cause dry eye syndrome and eye inflammation.
- Breast Cancer Prevention Drugs may increase your chances of developing eye bleeds, itchy eyes, light sensitivity, and cataracts.
- Autoimmune Diseases such as lupus, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis are prone to cause eye issues.
Early detection and a healthy lifestyle may prevent these women’s eye problems. Here is what you can do:
- Schedule a comprehensive, dilated eye exam every year.
- While pregnant, visit your eye doctor regularly.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Don’t smoke.
- Exercise often.