LADIES, THERE ARE SPECIAL REASONS FOR YOU TO HAVE AN EYE EXAM
LADIES, THERE ARE SPECIAL REASONS FOR YOU TO HAVE AN EYE EXAM. As a woman, you’re likely to have more eye problems than men. This is because your body experiences more hormonal fluctuations that affect your eyes.
Here are the typical causes of eye problems in women:
- Birth Control and Hormone Replacement Therapy may cause blood clots and strokes which lead to vision problems.
- Fertility Drugs may cause spots in the vision.
- While Pregnant, a woman may experience dry eye syndrome, vision changes, light sensitivity, and puffy eyes.
- Menopause can cause dry eye syndrome and eye inflammation.
- Breast Cancer Prevention Drugs may increase your chances of developing eye bleeds, itchy eyes, light sensitivity, and cataracts.
- Autoimmune Diseases such as lupus, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis are prone to cause eye issues.
Early detection and a healthy lifestyle may prevent these women’s eye problems. Here is what you can do:
- Schedule a comprehensive, dilated eye exam every year.
- While pregnant, visit your eye doctor regularly.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Don’t smoke.
- Exercise often.
If it’s been a while since your last eye exam, contact your Loveland optometrist today.